Re: Crash when capturing command output in completion

On Jan 15,  2:34pm, Vin Shelton wrote:
}
} #10 0x00007fa9311a86d6 in zlecore () at zle_main.c:1066
} #11 0x00007fa9311a9060 in zleread (lp=0x6dbcf0 <prompt>, rp=0x0,
} flags=3, context=0,
}     init=0x7fa9311cf14d "zle-line-init", finish=0x7fa9311cf13d
} "zle-line-finish")
}     at zle_main.c:1253

So I suspect you're using something like the auto-fu plugin or OhMyZsh,
because you have recursively entered ZLE from zle-line-init.

We have had other crashes with this configuration, but a stack trace is
not really helpful because typically there will have been a pointer or
counter error somewhere down the stack which causes a crash as the
stack is unwound, so the trace doesn't show the origin of the issue.
We need a run under valgrind or some similar memory debugger.

Here it looks like something has gone wrong with zlemetaline and/or the
calculation of where in the line the right-paren of $( ) appears.