Re: Crash when capturing command output in completion

On Jan 16, 12:57pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
}
} Only very lightly tested and so probably partial fix --- however, I'll
} commit this because (i) I'm fairly sure it's going in the right
} direction (ii) it does work in some cases and hence the shell is less
} crash-prone (iii) I get to insert a whiny message about the horrible
} interface which always improves my morale.

OK, this changed something -- I don't get a crash any more (though I
probably should as there is obviously a rogue pointer) but *without*
-DZSH_OLD_SKIPCOMM I get this:

schaefer<501> echo ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ$(ls)
Completing all expansions
ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ$(ls)
Completing original
$(ls)

*With* ZSH_OLD_SKIPCOMM everything works.  So we're looking in the
right place, anyway.