Re: Command substitution parsing issues (not really Re: completion)

On 01/16/2015 06:57 PM, Bart Schaefer wrote:
On Jan 16,  4:19pm, Ray Andrews wrote:
}
}      $ ln -svf zsh-5.0.7-175-./Src/zsh: symbol lookup error:
} /usr/local/lib/zsh/5.0.7-dev-0/zsh/zle.so: undefined symbol: lexsave

You need to re-install the shared object files.  The symbols have in
fact changed, you're loading a .so from a previous build.

Ok, I thought that might be the case. An unidentified symbol would not survive the developer's build of his own work.

In fact if you're going to live on the bleeding edge of git pull, you
should have a separate shared-object directory for every build.

Can you suggest a method? It's easy enough to save old kernels, but the rest of zsh's various files here and there are still a mystery. I didn't even know there were library files like that. Does 'git pull; make -s' even update those? Seems not. There are variables pointing to the locations of these support files, yes? If so, I can easily create numbered directories for the files and then ... well, whatever you recommend.