Re: Command substitution parsing issues (not really Re: completion)

On Mon, 19 Jan 2015 10:29:10 +0000
Peter Stephenson <p.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Jan 2015 19:29:42 -0800
> Ray Andrews <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > In fact if you're going to live on the bleeding edge of git pull, you
> > > should have a separate shared-object directory for every build.
> >
> > Can you suggest a method?
>
> I find it good enough to be able to point the compiled executable in Src
> at a special set of libraries by using an environment variable (you
> could even avoid that if you detected where the shell was running from
> early enough).>
>
> The basic idea (the actual implementation has got complicated) is
> .zshenv contains
>
> if [[ -n $TEST_MODULES ]]; then
>   module_path=(~/src/zsh/modules .)
> fi
>
> and the module links were set up with some variant of the function
> below.

...and I see I haven't even bothered to explain the main point of this:
the module directory just contains links back into the compilation tree.
So you only ever do this once; after that you just remember to use

TEST_MODULES=1 ./zsh

when running in Src.

pws