Re: probably nothing 'segmentation fault'

On Tue, 27 Jan 2015 09:13:34 -0800
Ray Andrews <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I got a seg fault that crashed geany, but it was while hot swapping the
> working font which I was in the process of editing, so it's hardly
> surprising that geany crashed, tho I'd not expect it's zsh's fault.

Feel free of course to report potential bugs, but if you do you need to
supply at least basic context information about what you were doing.
All we know is that you were using something or other called geany.
There is an implication here it has something to do with zsh but I don't
know what.

You need to say something like:

- I was using geany, a programme which does x and which runs zsh as a
subprocess to do y.

- At the time of the crash zsh was [sitting idle at the editing command
line at a guess?  The less I have to guess the better.]

- I issued the following command / picked the following menu item ....
blah ...

- This caused zsh to crash or misbehave.

We might *still* not be able to do anything about it, but it now
contains at least the basis of a bug report.

Hope this is useful.

pws