Re: Anyone want to help make zsh/db/gdbm work?

Ok, some other thoughts on this ...

ztie should have a flag (probably -r) to open the database read-only.
(I've already implemented this, don't go running off to do it.)

However, this raises the question of whether the resulting parameter
should also be readonly.

If it is, then it can't be unset, which currently means it also can't
be zuntied.  On the other hand, even read-only locals disappear when
they go out of scope.

However, this makes me wonder whether it's correct for zuntie to unset
the parameter.  Maybe an explicit zuntie should just convert the param
into an ordinary hash, closing the database file from under it?  (This
I have not implemented yet.)

Thoughts?