Re: 297 all good.

On 02/12/2015 08:09 PM, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 4:41 AM, Bart Schaefer
<schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Feb 12,  5:27pm, Ray Andrews wrote:
} (BTW I trust eg: '297' is a unique ID for each build?)

Sort of.  It's the number of commits since some flag point (the 5.0.7
release, in this case).  So it'll be unique until after the next such
flag point (probably 5.0.8).
This also assumes you don't have any local commits. The actually
unique identifier for the commit comes after the g at the end. (It's
just the first few digits of the commit hash).

Ok, good to know, I'm just looking for the briefest effective way of referring to this build or that build. The 'commitnumber' is nicely sequential and simple, so that should do unless I hear different.