Re: Zsh scripts leave defunct processes when running under docker exec

On Feb 13, 10:39am, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
} Subject: Re: Zsh scripts leave defunct processes when running under docker
}
} Bart Schaefer wrote on Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 08:13:45 -0800:
} > That would help, but I don't think that's everything, because zsh would
} > still not reap background grandchildren of children which exited first.
}
} Note that in the example, it is bash which runs as pid 1, not zsh.
} The zsh process running the script and the interactive one spawned by
} 'docker exec' have pid != 1.

I don't know if Chet is reading this and wants to chime in, but I suspect
bash is not expecting to take over the PID=1 role of init, either.