Bug: ZSH crashes upon receiving SIGINT

Background:  Arch Linux[1] has a bash script used for installing the distro and or fixing a broken distro which is shipped with the live CD called 'arch-chroot.'
Bug:  ZSH is not capable of defending itself against SIGINT and crashes from within a chroot.  No other shell tested (
mksh, bash, dash, fish, and tcsh) seems to suffer from this deficiency.  In a recent bug report[2], the Arch devs believe this bug to be contained within ZSH, not within their code.

How to trigger the bug:
1) Mount an Arch partition and install 'zsh' within it
2) Execute the chroot command from another Arch env: arch-chroot /mnt/mini /bin/zsh
3) Hit ctrl+c in the chroot

Example of the bug:

# arch-chroot /mnt/mini /bin/zsh

#
<<hit ctrl-c>>
# umount: /mnt/mini/dev/pts: target is busy
(In some cases useful info about processes that
use the device is found by lsof(8) or fuser(1).)
umount: /mnt/mini/dev: target is busy
(In some cases useful info about processes that
use the device is found by lsof(8) or fuser(1).)
%
zsh: error on TTY read: Input/output error

Thank you for the time and I am glad to provide additional info or testing.
PLEASE CC ME ON ANY REPLY AS I AM NOT SUBSCRIBED TO THIS ML.

1. https://www.archlinux.org

2. https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/44073