Testing interactive features (Re: capturing output of !! not working)

On Mar 23,  9:34pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: Re: capturing output of !! not working
}
} Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
} > Here's a test, which I have dropped in the previously-unused "W"
} > category for "builtin interactive commands and constructs". If that
} > doesn't seem correct, rename to D10history.
}
} Looks fine.  I'll try to expand it when it appears.

Since writing it, I noticed that history aggressively directs output
to /dev/tty.  I haven't come up with any way to suppress that, and if
you run it without a tty the stderr pattern does not match.

However, that's not the only test that has problems if there is no tty:

***************
*** 0 ****
+ not interactive and can't open terminal
+ not interactive and can't open terminal
+ not interactive and can't open terminal
Test ../../zsh-5.0/Test/X02zlevi.ztst failed: error output differs from
expected as shown above for:
  zpty_run 'bindkey -r "\e~"'
  zletest $'\e' $'~aI\e' $'~o\e' \~
Was testing: swap case on a blank line

I'm surprised that hasn't come up in anyone's automated build system yet.