Re: accept-line question

On Wed, 1 Apr 2015 00:36:32 -0700
Dave Yost <Dave@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> There must be something more I have to do besides “accept-line”. But what?

(This is a zsh-users, not a zsh-workers, question. Unlike the
completion bugs, which are zsh-workers, not zsh-users question...)

I've read through that several times, and don't really have a clue what
you're trying to do.

accept-line has one purpose: transfer the current contents of the line
editor during editing to where it's going --- usually the main shell,
unless you're in some recursive mode which I don't think you are.  At
that point you leave the editor and its internal state is lost.

Are you trying to stack up input for later use?  For that you need
push-line, which manipulates a stack that's saved over zle sessions.

pws