Re: PATCH: unwanted error aborting continued command substitution

On Fri, 17 Apr 2015 12:52:56 +0200
Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 11:16 AM, Peter Stephenson
> > On Fri, 17 Apr 2015 06:39:29 +0200
> > Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> % $(
> >> cmdsubst> [press ctrl-c here]
> >> zsh: parse error near `$('
>
> I didn't think to try this yesterday, but invoking push-input gives
> the same error (sorry).

That's a completely different kettle of fish --- push-input is basically
a hack to try to convince the line editor we've left it so we can start
again.  But we can't start again without leaving the nested parsing of
$(.  I have no idea what to do here except document it as "don't do
that".  Maybe Bart understands the sequence for this better.

pws