Re: PATCH: Fix two bugs in typeset_setbase

On Sun, May 3, 2015 at 10:36 PM, Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We refused to set the base outside [2,36], but this restriction should
> only apply to integers (where the base is actually the base). For float
> values, the precision can be anything. We also failed to actually enforce
> this limitation in either of these cases, but only printed the error
> message. We now only update the base if it was valid.

Perhaps we should apply some limit to the precision of floats? For example,
typeset -F 100000000 foo; echo $foo
succeeds, and at least in my setup, causes typing at the next
commandline to be very slow, because of multiple calls to
setunderscore(). It doesn't seem to affect zsh -f. This could also be
a case of "don't do that then". :)

--
Mikael Magnusson