Re: zpty-related testsuite failures if building in a chroot on a host running systemd 220 as init system

On Jun 15, 12:55pm, Axel Beckert wrote:
}
} On Sat, Jun 13, 2015 at 10:43:33AM -0700, Bart Schaefer wrote:
} > The only viable alternative would be to report the test as "skipped"
} > which I guess would be OK for the secondary tests that rely on zpty,
} > but not for V08zpty itself.
}
} Hrm. If I know, I the zpty tests would fail due to the environment,
} I'd tend to skip them as I would skip 64-bit-only tests in a 32-bit
} environment.

How would the test suite know in advance that the test was going to fail?
Don't say "by checking for /dev/pts/*" -- that's implementation-specific
information that's supposed to be the purview of the openpt() internals.
Whether that works is the whole point of running the test.