Re: This widget implementation feels a bit clunky (edit-quoted-word)

On Jun 20, 11:16am, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
}
} I feel like it's unnecessarily hard to get the resulting text from a
} narrow-to-region session.

Hmm.  If you used "narrow-to-region -S state ..." then I think the
resulting text would be $BUFFER between the exit from recursive-edit
and the call to "narrow-to-region -R state" ?

Except that I'm having a little trouble with -S / -R.  The value of
$MARK never seems to be correctly restored.  Is it supposed to be?

} It would be nice if quote-region let you specify the type of quoting.
} Urk?

The difficulty there is that it's a widget so there's no direct way to
pass the type of quote.  I suppose you could use $NUMERIC.