Re: '>>' does not create file if set -C (noclobber) is active

On Jun 26,  4:14pm, Martijn Dekker wrote:
}
} workaround ought not to be necessary for this. If the goal of 'emulate
} sh' is to provide a compatible POSIX environment then this situation is
} clearly inconsistent with that goal.

The goal of "emulate sh" is to provide a Bourne-sh compatible environment,
for the most part.

Just for example, neither POSIX_ARGZERO nor POSIX_CD is turned on by
default in any of the "emulate" modes, and there are a number of other
POSIX-isms that are not (yet, at least) supported at all.

That said, I'm not trying to shut down discussion of this issue, I'm just
pointing out that we're going to be choosing a least of evils whether we
do something or do nothing.