Re: PATCH: Make ztrftime pass more things to strftime

On Wed, 8 Jul 2015 01:15:00 +0200
Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I poked at this for an hour, and this is the first version that passes
> make check and doesn't segfault randomly, so it is not very well tested,
> to say the least. Opinions on the approach?

"Not totally doomed" (I haven't done a character-by-character survey of
the goings on).

Implementing on top of an interface like this is a real pain, since you
can't help re-implementing chunks and scratching your head about how to
pass the info you've got out back in again.  But it's worth doing now
internationalisation / internationalization / Internationalisierung /
... is considered basic.

It probably mostly needs a few tests.  print -P %D{...} will do most of
what you want.

pws