Re: PATCH: completion of dates

On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 5:32 PM, Oliver Kiddle <okiddle@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As far as I know, dummy matches are only used in _describe, _values and
> _arguments to put matches with a common description together. I wanted
> to experiment with it and came up with this. What it does is completion
> of days laid out in the form of a calendar. Perhaps a bit of a gimmick
> but I think it might be useful, especially in cases where a date is
> specified in an obscure way such as for find's -mtime option.
>
> There are some compromises to get this to work:
[...]
> I've also patched _find and _globquals to use it. With them, I've
> changed the completion of the - and + modifiers to be more compact.

I don't really like this change. I usually forget the order for m3M+
glob qualifiers, so it's handy to just press tab to see when which is
valid, but now it starts autofilling stuff instead, and scrolling off
everything else on my terminal. It also doesn't seem to insert
anything actually sensible... but even if the bugs are fixed I would
prefer to turn the whole thing off. :)

--
Mikael Magnusson