Re: PATCH: completion of dates

On Jul 10,  8:37pm, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
} Subject: Re: PATCH: completion of dates
}
} Before the patch, I get output like this:
} % *(m<tab>

I don't get any completion at all in command position for glob qualifiers,
so this depends on having AUTO_CD set.

} ---- time specifier
} M  -- months
} d  -- days
} h  -- hours
} m  -- minutes
} s  -- seconds
} w  -- weeks
} ---- sense
} +  -- more than
} -  -- less than
} ---- digit (days)

And this depends at the least on the group-name style, because I get

+  -- more than
-  -- less than
M  -- months
d  -- days
h  -- hours
m  -- minutes
s  -- seconds
w  -- weeks

so I suspect you're going to need to elaborate on your zstyle settings
if you want Oliver to debug this further.

} With the patch and the max-matches-length 0 style set, I get this:
} % *(m<tab>
} ---- time specifier
} seconds  hours    weeks    seconds  hours    weeks    seconds  hours
}  weeks
} minutes  days     Months   minutes  days     Months   minutes  days
}  Months
} ---- sense
} before    exactly   since     before    exactly   since     before
} exactly   since
} ---- ---- digit (days)

With max-matches-length 0 but without group-name, I have

torch% *(m<TAB>
seconds  hours    weeks    before   since
minutes  days     Months   exactly

After adding group-name '' I have:

torch% *(m
seconds  minutes  hours    days     weeks    Months
before            exactly           since

And after adding a "format" style:

torch% *(m
Completing time specifier
seconds  minutes  hours    days     weeks    Months
Completing sense
before            exactly           since
Completing Completing digit (days)

So other than the weird repetition of the word "Completing" for "digit"
which corresponds to your "---- ----" on that "digit" line, I don't
encounter the duplication that you did.  Some other style is involved.

The "Completing Completing" is because _description is being called with
a string that has already been through zformat once.  That's from _message
calling _next_label, via _dates line 36.