Re: Deadlock when receiving kill-signal from child process

On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 10:34 PM, Bart Schaefer wrote:
}
} A quick grep indicates 34 realloc() and 224 free() scattered around
} the code.  Probably many of them are already within queue_signals().
} The patch below fixes four of them that your stack traces seem to
} point to as particular culprits.  It's probably not worth it to try
} to pre-emptively change all the others.

That sounds reasonable to me.

}
} If you are still able to create deadlocks after the below, I'd also
} ask you to try configuring with --enable-zsh-mem and see if that gets
} rid of any remaining deadlocks.

I had one skill, Bart, to produce deadlocks. And now you've taken that
away from me! On a more serious note, I have not been able to produce
any deadlocks after 36084! I also did not get around to test with
--enable-zsh-mem since it is working just fine. I also tested building
zsh without debugging, no problems there either.

Thanks for sticking through with this, and good job on finding
(hopefully) all the edge cases :)!