Re: 5.0.9 / 5.1 agani (ws Re: Recommend latex surgical gloves)

On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 9:42 AM, Peter Stephenson

> I'm getting bored with 5.0, since the 0 is a bit pointless, and thinking
> of calling it 5.1 (no third field).

Would this mean we move away from the three-field version numbers
entirely, or would e.g. we do 5.1.1 if there were some small but
urgent fix needed (as there seems nearly always to be, as 5.0.6/7/8
demonstrated)?

> There are some quite useful bits of
> enhanced compatibility here and some quite significant bug fixes.

Yes, a surprising amount of significant progress for a short time.
Several "why didn't we think to do it this way before?" sorts of
updates.

> There's nothing in the README yet about the new paste behaviour, which
> there needs to be --- virtually everyone is going to run into this.  (I
> know it's in NEWS but it needs to be very clear.)

Is it worth mentioning how to turn it off, rather than just pointing
to the parameter doc?

> (By the way, in case you're keeping count, in the source tree as a
> whole, including generated docs but ignoring binaries, the score is
> currently:
>
> behaviour: 582
> behavior: 169

Yes, and we could probably do a similar analysis on colour and programme ...