Re: [patch] "which"-builtin writes diagnostics to stdout

> > | % which doesnotexist
> > | doesnotexist not found
> >
> > the "doesnotexist not found" message goes to standard output, rather than standard error.
>
> Believe it or not, this is intentional, because the original "which"
> builtin from csh does that.  Try it in tcsh, for example.
Uh, okay.

Out of curiosity, what reason would zsh (being more bourne-ish than csh-ish, as far as I can tell) have to maintain this particular csh glitch rather than fixing it?
How many csh scripts that run on zsh are out in the wild?  How many csh scripts are out in the wild at all? :-)

Timo Buhrmester