Re: Possible Bug

On Aug 31,  9:30pm, Brian Millar wrote:
}
} This resulted in the file wanted by the set_prompt actually being a
} directory.
}
} ZSH would crash on start, if I ran it on top of another shell I could
} see the error was "set_prompt:100: fatal error: out of memory".
}
} I traced it and found that the open() syscall ran on the directory,
} the result was passed to lseek() with argument SEEK_END which I don't
} think makes any sense for a directory.

Confirmed this.  Autoloading calls access(..., R_OK) but does not stat()
for plain-file-ness before attempting to open() and load into memory.

On what operating system is this occurring?  lseek() on a directory in
my straces always returns zero.