Re: Ctrl-c not working during correction with 5.1

On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 4:32 AM, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> An additional comment ...
>
> On Sep 2,  3:10pm, Christian Neukirchen wrote:
> }
> } zsh 5.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu)
> } zsh-5.1-0-g11189c6
> } % zsh -f
> } juno% setopt NOALWAYSLASTPROMPT PROMPT_SUBST
> } juno% PS1='$(echo foo)%# '
> } foo% ls /usr/share/man/man1/<PRESS TAB HERE>
> } zsh: do you wish to see all 2528 possibilities (1264 lines)? <PRESS ^C HERE>n
> } $(echo ls /usr/share/man/man1/
> } foo%
> }
> } Somehow the unevaluated PS1 is printed.
>
> While attempting to reproduce this, I somehow managed to cause this to
> kill the *parent* shell from which I started up "zsh -f".  I have no
> good ideas how that could happen; no core files were produced.  But I
> thought I would mention it, in case it indicates this is a more serious
> problem than it appears.
>
> In any event, it is reproducible.

This is at least two bugs,

zle -f
% bindkey 0 e
% e() exit
% zle -N e
% '
quote> 0

this prints the PS2 prompt indefinitely, ctrl-c is ignored and so is a
normal kill, I have to kill -9 from another shell to stop it. The
first happens in .7 and .8 too, but the ctrl-c being ignored is new, I
think.

--
Mikael Magnusson