Re: bracketed paste - chopping trailing newlines

* Carsten Hey [2015-09-09 01:33 +0200]:
> If you paste a command with two trailing newlines into zsh 5.1 running
> in an xterm, the result looks like this (an underline is used as
> cursor):
>
> % cp -a /data /mnt/foo
> _
>
> If you paste a command with one trailing newline into zsh 5.1 running in
> a screen (the latest release, not the 5.x development branch), the
> result looks like this:
>
> % cp -a /data /mnt/foo
> _

If you paste a command with two trailing newlines into screen, the
result looks the same.  The additional newline does not influence
whether the command is run.

> As you notice, both are indistinguishable, but only the first one shows
> a running command, and the second one shows a paste waiting to be
> accepted.

This was wrong.  The first one shows a paste waiting to be accepted and
the second one shows a running command (I did not make this error on
purpose).