Re: Pasting UTF-8 characters with bracketed-paste-magic seems broken in 5.1

Hi Bart,

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 07:39:20AM -0700, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> Hi Axel, I was traveling on all day on Tuesday and have not caught up
> on all zsh list mail until today.

No offense meant. I wouldn't have sent that "ping" after less than one
week if 5.1.1 wouldn't be said to be that close.

But indeed, you guys do an impressive job on replying promptly to
nearly every issue! So people might start to wonder if a mail has been
overseen or lost in some inbox if there's no reply at all. :-)

> OK, this most likely means that either:
>
> (1) There is a problem handling multibyte characters in the built-in
> read-commmand widget; or
>
> (2) There is a problem with using ${PASTED#$KEYS} to remove multi-byte
> characters from the beginning of the pasted text.

(2) looks fine on a first glance:

PASTED=äoö
KEYS=äo
echo ${PASTED#$KEYS}

> I'm still dealing with other post-travel stuff so may not get a chance
> to look at this today, but perhaps that gives you some ideas.

Maybe we should wait with 5.1.1 a few more days...

		Kind regards, Axel
\ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News            | abe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  (Mail)
 X   See http://www.nonhtmlmail.org/campaign.html | abe@xxxxxxxxx (Mail+Jabber)
/ \  I love long mails: http://email.is-not-s.ms/ | http://abe.noone.org/ (Web)