Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Can be a module linked to library to which Zsh isn't linked?
- X-seq: zsh-workers 36775
- From: Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Can be a module linked to library to which Zsh isn't linked?
- Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 01:49:09 +0200
- Cc: zsh workers <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; bh=T6BWQBEKqm2lUeeK6j/VQf9t3HaoGwT3BQoblhyN3lg=; b=RBsUVKctypGSJjJoX0bqA0Y1rAFlAuEYUdKiBGDzd6mD5dFgFfqHDyLdajLyGIQLmE zyaFCLbD+qrFq5s2s/JDlqTIvgu/lpLQRed/R6PcnFiYHairEsMiF9PXNfIuJDsWyeLD R0WgQZTYhnGd9CvzTaWyEAjcNp2aJaHmalz/jFBlem10SrMl6wALdrdtG9m+Wen5PfMt hi0/PZ3bkpn3Xs6jrZBtyjRYFiDm+vOSLBihVG65CjQZMn7Ezov07qo+ZoIG2VNz8gCH UYh8zi3EXqbnyoKPilreN3MGBRxN25PMJy4hcqlRFmpP8wN20k5S5vMFQqZ0Ohjd+wsF L17Q==
- In-reply-to: <151004135343.ZM17963@torch.brasslantern.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <CAKc7PVDefmDGLHrkBmLQJ2_DMY_K3LEjte99mbyk5V1As5fXDg@mail.gmail.com> <151003115520.ZM4622@torch.brasslantern.com> <CAKc7PVBvxGGcPZawqZooRy0kFJeR396=mn6u84tnqXF=GhDbbA@mail.gmail.com> <151004135343.ZM17963@torch.brasslantern.com>
On Sun, Oct 4, 2015 at 10:53 PM, Bart Schaefer
> On Oct 4, 6:49pm, Sebastian Gniazdowski wrote:
> } What bothers me is that someone who builds zsh against termcap or
> } terminfo loses curses module. Having a bit of separate tests in
> } configure against libraries needed by modules but not zsh itself would
> } solve this. Is Zsh open for such change?
> Certainly, we'll take improvements to the configure script. I've also
> noticed that it checks more than once for some dependencies; there's
> probably a lot that could be done.
I've been using this patch for ages,
as the commit says, it's a hack though. I remember someone mentioning
when I brought it up last time that there could be systems where the
main binary has to link the libraries, but as far as I know that only
applies if the main binary actually uses symbols from those libraries
directly. I only know about linux libcs though, so maybe I'm wrong. It
would be nice to have the option for it though.
Messages sorted by: