Mac file drop on terminal stopped escaping file paths

Hello!

I'm using zsh 5.1.1 and lately I've noticed that when I drop files or file paths containing spaces to the terminal, de shell does not insert necessary backslashes as it used to. I thought maybe this is an El Capitan issue, so I asked my friend also having El Capitan and zsh and it worked for him. His zsh version is 5.0. Searched through the entire terminal app settings, looking for differences between my machine and his, nothing.
Strangely, if I use bash either as my main shell, or just call it from zsh, the escaping works in that shell, so I have to assume there is some kind of action required to be handled by the shell that broke between 5.0 and 5.1.1.

Steps to reproduce:
Open Terminal with zsh 5.1.1 az the shell.
Drag a file/folder from the finder containing spaces to the terminal.

Expected results:
The terminal shows the filepath for the dropped item, inserting backslashes before each space.

Actual results:
The terminal shows the filepath for the dropped item as is, without any escaping.

Version where the issue is present: 5.1.1
Latest known version which doesn't have the issue: 5.0
OS: 10.11 (15A284)
App: Terminal (default from OS X)
Extra: using oh-my-zsh which is up-to-date.

Best regards,
Norbert Zentai