Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Mac file drop on terminal stopped escaping file paths
- X-seq: zsh-workers 36817
- From: Zenorbi <zenorbi@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Mac file drop on terminal stopped escaping file paths
- Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 23:43:31 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=from:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:subject:message-id:date :to:mime-version; bh=EbzkyvtjxssP2saqoh35kUC3q81+n7iDOnGRG0s27m0=; b=nv6Zi+T/GUsKdN5VvZCwMFs2qXnG2aeYFZm4qq9oKYM36VU9ZmxqcIjd6c6fpUmL9L XvmJGlfwWaW+B1nPpyGv16o+a8Njep4+Dh/QicHX9RGqRECJkb0Yq+p0dEyqP7Cce1W/ gKITCUwfI/zpVf50aDdUIGm2RWTNA7iYtXKjbywrx6gIMXVg1ntchuURR/O7kqSS+1ax C6AE8qQgG+a+fXxlW6ae6SqHWqOKfqs4E0EGcR8ljptDEAQ4SUG/CFAIXoIB2rXpoAx4 kKjoKM7om84yiXxgVcEEeCvb0K91dUwdx2unnAh3CBRNL0apJwK1n3yas8lWBQ7FzePJ TNWQ==
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
I'm using zsh 5.1.1 and lately I've noticed that when I drop files or file paths containing spaces to the terminal, de shell does not insert necessary backslashes as it used to. I thought maybe this is an El Capitan issue, so I asked my friend also having El Capitan and zsh and it worked for him. His zsh version is 5.0. Searched through the entire terminal app settings, looking for differences between my machine and his, nothing.
Strangely, if I use bash either as my main shell, or just call it from zsh, the escaping works in that shell, so I have to assume there is some kind of action required to be handled by the shell that broke between 5.0 and 5.1.1.
Steps to reproduce:
Open Terminal with zsh 5.1.1 az the shell.
Drag a file/folder from the finder containing spaces to the terminal.
The terminal shows the filepath for the dropped item, inserting backslashes before each space.
The terminal shows the filepath for the dropped item as is, without any escaping.
Version where the issue is present: 5.1.1
Latest known version which doesn't have the issue: 5.0
OS: 10.11 (15A284)
App: Terminal (default from OS X)
Extra: using oh-my-zsh which is up-to-date.
Messages sorted by: