Re: configure --with- completion

[Moved to workers]

On 2015-09-04 10:40:27 +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> In MPFR, I can do:
>
>   ./configure --with-gmp=[TAB]
>   ./configure --with-gmp-include=[TAB]
>   ./configure --with-gmp-lib=[TAB]
>
> and complete with directory names, but
>
>   ./configure --with-gmp-build=[TAB]
>
> doesn't allow me to complete with directory names.
>
> FYI, "./configure --with-[TAB]" outputs:
>
> Completing option
> --with-gmp              -- GMP install directory
> --with-gmp-build        -- GMP build directory (please read INSTALL file)
> --with-gmp-include      -- GMP include directory
> --with-gmp-lib          -- GMP lib directory
> --with-gnu-ld           -- assume the C compiler uses GNU ld (default=no)
> --with-mulhigh-size     -- internal threshold table for mulhigh
> --with-pic              -- try to use only PIC/non-PIC objects (default=use
> --with-sysroot          -- Search for dependent libraries within DIR
> --without-gmp           -- GMP install directory
> --without-gmp-build     -- GMP build directory (please read INSTALL file)
> --without-gmp-include   -- GMP include directory
> --without-gmp-lib       -- GMP lib directory
> --without-gnu-ld        -- assume the C compiler uses GNU ld (default=no)
> --without-mulhigh-size  -- internal threshold table for mulhigh
> --without-pic           -- try to use only PIC/non-PIC objects (default=use
> --without-sysroot       -- Search for dependent libraries within DIR
>
> and "./configure --help" outputs:
>
> [...]
>   --with-gmp-include=DIR  GMP include directory
>   --with-gmp-lib=DIR      GMP lib directory
>   --with-gmp=DIR          GMP install directory
>   --with-gmp-build=DIR    GMP build directory (please read INSTALL file)
> [...]
>
> Is there something missing in zsh completion?

The problem seems to come to the fact that

  --with-gmp-build=DIR    GMP build directory (please read INSTALL file)

is listed after

  --with-gmp=DIR          GMP install directory

by "./configure --help". If I switch these lines, everything works
as expected. There's no reason to depend on the order of the options
listed by "./configure --help". So, this seems to be a bug somewhere
in the zsh completion system.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> - Web: <https://www.vinc17.net/>