Re: Slowdown around 5.0.5-dev-0

On Oct 24,  9:31am, Bart Schaefer wrote:
}
} Also might be worth checking whether the
} behavior is better on other platforms if we disable mmap().

I set HAVE_MMAP 0 in config.h, recompiled, and compared on my CentOS VM;
there is no significant difference in string test:

Running [zsh-noMMAP]:                    string_test      26612.85
Running [zsh-36926]:                     string_test      26688.94

Function test is actually slightly worse:

Running [zsh-noMMAP]:                    function_test    28053.23
Running [zsh-36926]:                     function_test    27759.94

No significant diff in the other tests either.  So currently this only
seems to apply to MacOS.