Re: zsh-workers/37266 has a malicious attachment

Axel Beckert wrote on Wed, Dec 02, 2015 at 01:21:20 +0100:
> On Tue, Dec 01, 2015 at 11:33:19PM +0300, ZyX wrote:
> > 01.12.2015, 21:12, "Bart Schaefer" <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > > On Dec 1, 12:24pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> > > Or maybe non-member posts could require approval, as with
> > > -announce.
>
> That's much better.

Apache lists permit posts by non-subscribers but require the first post
by a non-subscribed address to be manually approved.  (Subsequent posts
do not require approval.)  I think I only ever saw one false negative
there.  The only effect to posters is a delay the first time they post.

They implement that policy through 'ezmlm-make -+ -m -u'.

> > vim* lists uses google groups and moderation for new members and I
> > almost never see spam there.
>
> Nevertheless using Google Groups as a mailing list has tons of other
> issues. IMHO it's by far not worth to drop a proper and working ML for
> crappy Google Groups. And you don't know how long they will exist.
> Just think about Google Wave, Google Reader and all the other nice
> services they already closed down.
>
> Besides the nice X-Seq feature is surely not available on Google
> Groups.

+1