Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: The "set" utility outputs binary data
- X-seq: zsh-workers 37299
- From: Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: Vincent Lefevre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: The "set" utility outputs binary data
- Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2015 23:43:57 +0000
- Cc: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d= daniel.shahaf.name; h=cc:content-type:date:from:in-reply-to :message-id:mime-version:references:subject:to:x-sasl-enc :x-sasl-enc; s=mesmtp; bh=FQsKUhf1MiMEQ0d5ZWo3l+uUgpc=; b=uvVqvm /n9iKcbJr3JozUtrdqpaVmXsPAsj4YfpeASi00/XZHahfBnzk7lR48Vi97GW2isq hsRpmtTeXk92zIU5jLjildp2w9SxE02y2/A/daKoLVB3DzL/PR7QkTkhYCdp80YX by3nJmolUNGCMJ/bAo1UDR7f7k3TZLQYyGTXs=
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d= messagingengine.com; h=cc:content-type:date:from:in-reply-to :message-id:mime-version:references:subject:to:x-sasl-enc :x-sasl-enc; s=smtpout; bh=FQsKUhf1MiMEQ0d5ZWo3l+uUgpc=; b=CkOye IzG40IotrkB/AUiAS4Ky6rb+I2HyRS0GFLA5uyhXsUTkqBBIMa/TJMvSe4kM5/Fg N6WJv0MH1oiHcP0+R/13inmQSbKXHRIoJScQLA5F2N3n6AMGTug33Xc3yb9tZLT7 SQJz4VFVB2Eh+2jaRc1T19rWra9QxSqzlULuEg=
- In-reply-to: <20151203140558.GA17469@zira.vinc17.org>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <20151203140558.GA17469@zira.vinc17.org>
Vincent Lefevre wrote on Thu, Dec 03, 2015 at 15:05:58 +0100:
> The "set" utility outputs binary data (probably due to escape
> sequences for coloring and so on in some parameters such as
> This is also important when the output is on a terminal.
History expansions have a similar issue: after running
bindkey ^T f
(where ^T is a control character, inputted as ^V^T)
and then issueing a history expansion
the ^T is rendered, not as the two characters "^" "T" in reverse video,
but as a literal ^T, which my terminal renders as a box with "0 0 1 6"
inside it (the codepoint).
Printing an easier-to-read representation would be nice, although of
course it's a minor issue.
Messages sorted by: