Re: Printf builtin missing v flag support

On 31 Dec 2015 07:16, "Starms, William Albert (MU-Student)" <williamstarms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I had a script malfunctioning on me and printing “-v” to stdout, and I found that it’s because zsh (version 5.2) doesn’t seem to support the v flag that bash has.

[Still stuck on phone & it's cramped in here.]

I don t think this ever came up before.

The feature is obviously useful but the print implementation is a nightmare of
special cases making it hard to change without considerable refactoring.
That would probably be a Good Work, given enough test cases to check it,
but is going to have to wait for a volunteer.

I haven't checked whether -v is already in use in which case this is moot.

pws