Re: unset "hash[key]" isn't matched with what "key" may be

On Mon, 08 Feb 2016 20:54:18 -0800
> On Feb 7, 11:05pm, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> }
> } This does reflect a change from previous behavior, so we'll want to
> } consider it carefully.
>
> Since no one commented to the contrary, I've pushed this so we can get
> some additional experience with it.

The old code is clearly unusable for some characters in the key, so a
change of some sort is warranted.

All that occurred to me was an additional option to provoke an extra
expansion step on the argument after locating the brackets.

  unset -? 'hash[$i]'

would then be reliable.  If the extra backslash stripping occurred early
enough it wouldn't get in the way.

pws