Re: PATCH: rm * with count

On Feb 10,  4:41pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: PATCH: rm * with count
}
} Faced with a "rm *" prompt, it occurred to me it might be a little bit
} more helpful to decide if something has gone really horribly wrong if we
} made the easy tweak to count the number of files in the directory.
}
} Any comments on the following?

My only comment would be that this can potentially take a long time if
the number of files in the directory is large.  Perhaps stop after some
number (100?) and prompt with

    "sure you want to delete more than %d files in "

Also if the count is zero maybe the prompt should say something about
"no files to remove" or something.