Re: Bug in completion for git merge

On 02/16/2016 05:49 AM, Daniel Shahaf wrote:

> I don't have a strong opinion regarding the specific patch.  It's
> obviously correct.
>
> However, what should we do with the other instances of the
> backwards-incompatible syntax that are currently in Completion/ and
> Functions/?
>
> If we want to make $fpath backwards-compatible, we'd need to change all
> of them and stop adding new instances of backwards-incompatible
> syntaxes... which effectively means we'd stop eating our own dogfood.

I wasn't trying to imply that fpath should be backwards compatible indefinitely
or that using completers from master with older shells is the smartest of ideas*.

Just that in this particular instance, since the completer has already long used
typeset in the old way; that reverting this one would make typeset's usage consistent
throughout this sole function.

* Even i've picked individual completers from master that i knew fixed bugs like
  users/20219, discarding them once i have a newer release on that machine.