Re: buggy configure completion - when both --enable-foo and --disable-foo are listed

You raise two separate issues, so let's split them into separate
subthreads.

Vincent Lefevre wrote on Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 01:23:32 +0200:
> With zsh 5.2, I get the following, which doesn't make sense:
>
> zira:~/software/mpfr> ./configure --enable-decimal-float[Tab]
> Completing option
> --enable-decimal-float  -- build conversion functions from/to decimal floats
> --enable-decimal-float  -- explicitly disable decimal floats support
>
> One has from the "configure --help" output:
>
>   --disable-decimal-float explicitly disable decimal floats support
>   --enable-decimal-float  build conversion functions from/to decimal floats
>                           [default=autodetect]

What do you expect to see?  How should the two strings ("build .." and
"explicitly ...") be handled?

Minimal example:

% print -rl -- '#!/bin/sh' 'cat <<"EOF"' '  --enable-foo  enable foo' '  --disable-foo  disable foo' 'EOF' >configure
% chmod +x configure
% ./configure --<TAB>
--disable-foo  --enable-foo  -- enable foo
--disable-foo  --enable-foo  -- disable foo

I think that's the best we can do without writing new C code to suport
multiline descriptions.

Cheers,

Daniel