Re: Pattern matching with _files vs command line

On Sep 12,  7:30am, Marko Myllynen wrote:
}
} On 2016-09-10 05:40, Bart Schaefer wrote:
} > On Sep 9,  8:39am, Marko Myllynen wrote:
} > }
} > } _wanted files expl file _files -g '*(-FM)' && ret=0
} >
} >   # People prefer to have directories shown on first try as default.
} >   # Even if the calling function didn't use -/.
} >
} >   zstyle :completion::complete:foo:: file-patterns '%p:globbed-files'
}
} Thanks, this did the trick!
}
} >   zstyle :completion::complete:foo:: tag-order globbed-files -
}
} This, however, doesn't seem to work: with or without the former this
} stops completion for foo altogether.

Yes, that's connected to this:

} > HOWEVER, you've actually broken things with your glob pattern.  Adding
} > the (M) flag means that the generated completions end with a "/"

If you fix the glob pattern to remove the (M) qualifier, then tag-order
works (at least for me).  If you leave the (M) in there, tag-order is
broken.  I don't really understand why this is the case; it seems to
have something to do with whether the string passed to "compadd" really
does match a file name (which it won't when the "/" is appended).