Re: Bug related to stdin/always/jobcontrol

On Sep 15,  6:40pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: Re: Bug related to stdin/always/jobcontrol
}
} The race is related to the fact that when the new SUPERJOB takes over
} it's actually in the same process group as the SUBJOB it's taking over,
} which is different from it's own PID, list_pipe_pid [...]
}
} However, fixing that up doesn't help --- apparently attaching it to the
} TTY after the SUBJOB is finished works OK, sending it SIGCONT seems to
} be OK, but then it always gets SIGSTOP

Is it definitely getting SIGSTOP and not SIGTSTP ?

The operating system will never[*] automatically send a true STOP signal
because it's un-catchable.  If a STOP is being received, it's probably
being sent from the "for (; !nowait;)" loop in execpline(), either at
line 1674 [ killpg(jobtab[list_pipe_job].gleader, SIGSTOP); ] or at
line 1688 [ kill(getpid(), SIGSTOP); ].

[*] To my knowledge, anyway.

} I think the code is enough better that I may submit it and wonder what
} to do with the remaining problem later, or let Bart have a go when he
} gets some time.

That seems reasonable.  This isn't any worse than it ever was, so it
shouldn't hold up the release.