Re: time builtin vs. time(1): difference in memory numbers

Baptiste Daroussin wrote on Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 18:27:59 +0200:
> > On Sun, 16 Oct 2016 20:29:23 +0200
> > Baptiste Daroussin <baptiste.daroussin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> I would like to revive this thread as we are having this patch in
> >> FreeBSD for a while now.
> >>
> >> https://people.freebsd.org/~bapt/getrusage.diff
> >>
> >> What would be the next step to get it upstream (and modified if needed?)
> >
> > The safest way would probably be #ifdef's for Free BSD, unless someone
> > is going to do a wider investigation into variant system behaviour.
> >
> > The "long clktck" declaration needs to go with the declarations at the
> > top.
> >
> > pws
>
> I think the ru_maxrss part is valid for linux as well. (unsure)

On Debian stable, getrusage(2) sas:

       ru_maxrss (since Linux 2.6.32)
              This is the maximum resident set size used (in kilobytes).  For
              RUSAGE_CHILDREN, this is the resident set size of the largest
              child, not the maximum resident set size of the process tree.