Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: zsh/complist colours improperly handle multibyte characters
- X-seq: zsh-workers 39717
- From: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: Zsh hackers list <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: zsh/complist colours improperly handle multibyte characters
- Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2016 12:34:16 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=brasslantern-com.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623; h=from:message-id:date:in-reply-to:comments:references:to:subject :mime-version; bh=CN6aaoMuMkeBqlbQe+Z29Pjte4zAL9VQhJsIrg8gkhE=; b=VJ7uTxwAGy+btbQvZD15PiylTqcvIu8lb4JZIRTskIlINz8jIMxuRlHarhjR5tTNFM p1oKSWYethbylHqM6Gc5cPYMSuZhCVn9pSrzA8Y8ErCXi+kAkIN7UMGonylB143p6Sei HLFc+RzxmDsdeOXTcpSgWV1E3A9fnAg0/0KFIJ5O5Ab/Cey3rJOGaTHFLNtKSDShq+ah F71H6JT9uYYet2Uu9Hbcissue073OaqjOsdpTm/PQbKmATh/3kgBBx1tIC25jMHVpvUI 9TuUmb5lqzV0UiiYvNZq2eW5NsWWeEKeoDt6d0QuGEUI/RXY8d03NflhhEHGSnllv3ys Qt0Q==
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <etPan.email@example.com> <161020210735.ZM6446@torch.brasslantern.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <161023105652.ZM3309@torch.brasslantern.com> <email@example.com>
On Oct 23, 7:59pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: Re: zsh/complist colours improperly handle multibyte characters
} On Sun, 23 Oct 2016 10:56:52 -0700
} Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
} > No, sorry, this is a UTF-8 full-line-height vertical-bar, not ascii pipe.
} > It's incorrectly interpreted as a left angle bracket pattern character,
} > if that BUG message is accurate.
} Ah, then there's a good chance this is indeed a problem with
} zshtokenize. We probably ought at least to pass through metafied
} characters. I don't know that fits this particular case, but it's the
} obvious problem.
Nope, the zshtokenize patch doesn't help in this case at all. I still
get the BUG: message. Strangely (?) I do NOT get that message if I use
the character directly in a pattern expression such as [[ ... ]], so
it has something to do with the way compdescribe is passing it around.
The three bytes in the UTF-8 character are e2 94 82 if that helps. See
the examples in 39695 except that you need to add "list-colors" as the
context in the second zstyle in each case.
Messages sorted by: