Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Bug: cd auto-completion of .. fails with parentheses in directory name
- X-seq: zsh-workers 39748
- From: Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Bug: cd auto-completion of .. fails with parentheses in directory name
- Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 15:10:37 +0000
- Cc: zsh workers <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d= daniel.shahaf.name; h=cc:content-transfer-encoding:content-type :date:from:in-reply-to:message-id:mime-version:references :subject:to:x-me-sender:x-me-sender:x-sasl-enc:x-sasl-enc; s= mesmtp; bh=OOe1El6LF2mCX4VfixH0VThwSPg=; b=MZ/F/W4D9uyhAF4Af1Jk1 JGaOG8r4j2GU0H5UUdTceWFauRTIQtCUE2fTdQAtkB51dMeOpEzwMuk8WQYk+ugp iu31j7yTV4C1aSpIqK1iSjobqfWVH/BL08sCAGtspE8/iiw64AHvNgy+HMlWNyrR 4v1zBApUdRP0wjD483wuNo=
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d= messagingengine.com; h=cc:content-transfer-encoding:content-type :date:from:in-reply-to:message-id:mime-version:references :subject:to:x-me-sender:x-me-sender:x-sasl-enc:x-sasl-enc; s= smtpout; bh=OOe1El6LF2mCX4VfixH0VThwSPg=; b=pQXdp4kBvzpNl9rvWvpV EUpqVKWsXEeZbzMTfy3b2jOUTHPB5rzY8TgbBUOJPsrODO+MvDipLuztxFVs2KW9 wDz5ep/usEy0aN8KvpXhRFjMb8uc7EqYzkXUyL//qwB9/VK9HTPXV4h1WyW6ZvTs mS13GIn/YWF1mcGJA57VQaw=
- In-reply-to: <CAHYJk3QmMUr0_C0-aAMYCNsmeXuo14JzVXwuimBk05meeX88wA@mail.gmail.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <CAPnWG_TR7DC7h36m-jp6PnuY=M4ViwwWNMtaT9aU4wawygzoBg@mail.gmail.com> <20160922144250.GA11076@fujitsu.shahaf.local2> <160922103042.ZM7407@torch.brasslantern.com> <CAHYJk3QmMUr0_C0-aAMYCNsmeXuo14JzVXwuimBk05meeX88wA@mail.gmail.com>
Mikael Magnusson wrote on Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 03:56:08 +0200:
> On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 7:30 PM, Bart Schaefer
> <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Sep 22, 2:42pm, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> > }
> > } 1) Is the lifetime correct? I'm not sure whether elemnts of 'l' should
> > } be malloc()ed or heap allocated.
> > I think you have this correct -- completion is designed to put nearly
> > all of its data in a private zsh heap that is discarded all at once
> > when control returns to the line editor. Only specific bits that persist
> > across calls go into directly-malloc'd memory.
> > } 2) Should quoting be added in bin_compfiles() or at a later point during
> > } cf_pats()? Although the docstring of cfp_test_exact() says the elements
> > } of 'l' are filenames, they are then passed to ztat() which ignores
> > } backslashes, so it's not clear to me what quoting is expected where.
> > I think you have this in the right place, too, but I would be glad to
> > have someone else confirm. Or we can just put it in and see if any
> > other examples break.
> This patch breaks completion of
> % mkdir '[a]'; touch '[a]/foo'
> % ls \[a\]/<tab> # gives no results
> for me. Reverting it on current master fixes it.
The new quotestring() is called in the input «\[a\]», (5 bytes), so it
Added to my list.
Messages sorted by: