Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: [PATCH] make TERMINFO_DIRS variable special
- X-seq: zsh-workers 39892
- From: "Guillaume Maudoux (Layus)" <layus.on@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: Peter Stephenson <p.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxx>, zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] make TERMINFO_DIRS variable special
- Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2016 16:35:14 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=subject:to:references:from:message-id:date:user-agent:mime-version :in-reply-to:content-transfer-encoding; bh=oOoUMB0eX1z0ayG1q169imX2faB62ooF0A2BYg64T1g=; b=bu6fQo2pUYJu0K9OA/POC6zYxyOvgY280elJvntthOF+t3gb0xLmXCSTCSK3+PRnIn RRkU9sAR0HEBjvyozwrf9HY+5K/GurLgq5dtasCDFiQGHTTbm9ZBymnWsMBC6lUGsrVH LO5AHr2IV30sKa8he5mN4mLPBXyWQf3BJs92pUr6L0DShs1Y+YcYO7zbCuD1oqJiwHa/ o8b3h34UtiJUInLOwZ+UK5cNQ2vK2GxUF5XFyOLjzcuu9mJfVHNni+l96unbrsDHHYu7 3nd9hjb7ZskLx/Mxllopx+cc74nRDifQGUMG6qtPmqthQPPxqhExAe9zOH+EiWz9BZMo 1U/w==
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CGME20161109144805epcas1p3ecbe8748a863eabb89b7889ffcfd0bbd@epcas1p3.samsung.com> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Le 09/11/16 à 16:26, Peter Stephenson a écrit :
> On Wed, 9 Nov 2016 15:47:10 +0100
> "Guillaume Maudoux (Layus)" <layus.on@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> The general idea is that terminfo look for these varibales via getenv(),
>> To pass them correctly, we need to export them to our own environment.
>> The term update is just a nice extra feature avoiding the TERM=$TERM trick.
>> I am not aware of the review/accept policy for patches.
>> Could you tell me if this one has any chance to get merged ?
> Can't see any problem generally, given it's exactly parellel to the
> TERMINFO trick.
> Usually you just need to post it (without the "> " and by any mechanism
> that doesn't cause line wrap or other modifications) and wait for people
> to comment.
My initial mail contained only the patch, in the correct format.
I then send a description, scrambling the patch... Seems like I am
unable to get both right ;-).
> One issue is that the doc implies (and people would probably expect)
> that TERMINFO_DIRS is a tied variable with a terminfo_dirs array
> equivalent. This doesn't exist. This would need accessors along the
> lines of the contents of colonarr_gsu for the colon-separated version
> and vararray_gsu for the array version. Possibly only the setters are
Would it be okay to change only the docs ? There is no reason to make
TERMINFO_DIRS a tied variable.
It's a basic raw variable passed to ncurses, not a widely used variable
I just copied the description of some array variable, trying to be smart...
I will submit the same patch with a better doc.
Messages sorted by: