Re: 'zle redisplay' bug in 5.3?

On Jan 5,  3:01pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
}
} The documentation says
}
} /* Most lines of the buffer we've shown at once with the current list *
}  * showing.  == 0 if there is no list.  == -1 if a new list has just  *
}  * been put on the screen.  == -2 if zrefresh() needs to put up a new *
}  * list.                                                              */
}
} Is it a case of the two requiring different handling?

Possibly, but the patch testing for -2 doesn't change anything.

If I change it to test showinglist == -1, then the case in this thread
works but TRAPINT handlers break it again (the original problem from the
thread ending with 38048).

So I begin to suspect that testing only showinglist isn't sufficient, but
I'm not sure what else to look at.