Re: PATH: autoload with explicit path

On Fri, 13 Jan 2017 18:04:23 +0000
Peter Stephenson <p.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jan 2017 20:51:22 +0000
> Peter Stephenson <p.w.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > With a bit of work this can be expanded to paths for already loaded
> > functions, and possibly elsewhere though I think the pickings are
> > a lot smaller.
>
> This does the former of that --- it was less work than I expected.
> The only significant extra requirement is use of the heap to get the
> filename in "whence -v" --- that's a bit of laziness, we could just print
> out the components using the same logic as getshfuncfile().  Might fix
> that later.

I fixed this up when I pushed it.  One very minor change is that to
avoid the intermediate string quotedzputs() now runs separately on the
directory and the filename, e.g.

% whence -v my\ stupid\ function\ name
my stupid function name is a shell function from /export/home/pws/src/zsh-git/code/'my stupid function name'

You might even consider that a feature.

pws