Re: PATH: autoload with explicit path

On Fri, 27 Jan 2017, Peter Stephenson wrote:

> I'm still not clear if your "requested feature" is what I'm talking
> about or not, i.e. what you can do already with $funcsourcetrace.

It's not so much about what Sebastian can do as it is about what he has
to rely upon other function writers to do.

That is, if I'm in the habit of writing "autoload thing" in the bootstrap
function for a library of things, but Sebastian wants to put my entire
thing-library in a place outside of $fpath, he can't do so without first
editing all my "autoload"s to add a full path.

If every autoload were relative to the absolute-path information of the
calling function context, Sebastian's plan would work without needing
to edit anything, provided that he autoloads the bootstrap function with
an absolute path.