Re: PATH: autoload with explicit path

On Sat, Jan 28, 2017, at 11:12 AM, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> As this does everything necessary, I will not be adding any new options,
> and I've done quite enough on this feature, but if you can argue among
> yourselves for something else that doesn't yet work, feel free to go
> ahead without me.

The new feature (absolute paths) is a great discovery. It's a way to
avoid FPATH. Fpath is abstract mechanism. System of layers. User is to
imagine the layers and establish what will be loaded. It's a full-blown
abstract system – actually nothing straightforward.

To make the new feature complete, absolute paths must descent to
autoloaded functions. Keeping the absolute path only to directly
autoloaded function is ersatz. It's a half-step. I autoload single
function, and then FPATH again takes control and does the "imagine the
layers" thing. This is a tragedy.

--
Sebastian Gniazdowski