Re: Gdbm module

On Wed, Feb 22, 2017, at 07:44 AM, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> We are somewhat limited by lacking
> a mechanism for nested hashrefs, but consider the way "typeset -T" can
> specify the format of array <-> scalar joining.

I plan to write a module that will just blindly put PM_HASH instead of
PM_HASHELEM into PM_HASH. See what will happen. The code handling value
retrieval is sophisticated, maybe even blind to structure, just follows
its PM_HASH etc. detection, I'm counting on that.

BTW. Retrieving from PM_SCALAR means double getter call. Saw that when
working on db_gdbm/zgdbm. I'm sure there's no error on my side, I've
even rolled out complete debugger walk. This could be an optimization,
to change/fix that.

--
  Sebastian Gniazdowski
  psprint2@xxxxxxxxxxxx