Re: [BUG] SIGSEGV under certain circumstances

On Sun, 5 Mar 2017 13:45:13 -0800
> [Somebody will have to explain to me why (mp += cl) makes sense, as that
> seems to be using a byte count to increment a (Cmatcher*), but it's done
> in several places.]

We're getting down to the point where the matcher hasn't been fully
converted to multibyte chracters (though I can't swear this is it), and
indeed right at the bottom I seem to remember it uses arrays to such an
extent it would be more natural to use wide characters.  But that turned
out to be easier said than done too --- partly I think it was a question
of being able to store pattern characters.

> Am I going astray here?

I don't understand your point since the functions being called here are
all adapted for metafied multibyte characters, but I'm obviously missing
something.

pws