Re: Cannot paste unicode <0221>, <0234> - <024f>

On Fri, 28 Apr 2017 12:55:10 +0200
Sebastian Gniazdowski <psprint@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I use additional Unicode blocks from Latin script, like "Latin-1
> Supplement" or "Latin Extended-A". The data is processed and displayed
> correctly, however when I copy, and paste, then a few chars are
> presented as <CODE>:
>
> ȮȯȰȱȲȳ<0234><0235><0236><0237><0238><0239>...

Looks like they're not being recognised as printable characters on that
system for some reason (it's clearly not a terminal issue).  Presumably
you get the same effect with the insert-unicode-char widget and the four
hex digits (you need to use the widget at the end to terminate the
sequence)?

Another possibility is it's a broken character width test --- we
sanitise that the character is printable by checking WCWIDTH() is
greater than zero.  That usually maps to wcwidth(), but if we detect it
looks broken we'll use an internal replacement mk_wcwidth().

pws